Kaulin & Taylor talked me into taking them camping this weekend, since our other plans got rescheduled. It's the last weekend before Kaulin starts 5th grade... so I agreed! I decided to stick somewhere close, and where I could at least bring one of the dogs. I decided to leave Ellie at Doggie Daycare, she'd much rather run & play- and stay clean!
We ended up going to Deer Creek State Park. On our way, we passed the beginning of a wildfire by Jordanelle. Crews were just starting to arrive to start battling the blaze!
Roscoe's first camping trip!
Kaulin & Taylor shared the smaller tent on the left. They enjoy having their own! Roscoe & I slept in the blue one on the right, on my queen air mattress.... I cheat!
They're so excited to be CAMPING!
My two little boys were concerned about how we were going to keep warm as the temperature started to drop. They didn't think I could start a fire. HA! Set up the tents all by myself, cooked some amazing chili on the propane stove - and yes, built a fire!
A few actually... Here they are roasting hot dogs for lunch before we started packing stuff up to head on home!
Roscoe was a champion camper... a little bummed he wasn't allowed near the water. Reservoir bud, sorry!
We all had a great time, but are happy to be home & clean!




0 comments:
Post a Comment