This past school year, I was the PTA Secretary at the boys' school. We planned & organized Whittier Elementary's first annual Walk-a-thon.
We were able to raise over $11,000 to help save the school's YEF Music Program!
~700 visors for the student body to wear at the Walk-a-thon... barely fit in my trunk!
Grizzbee from the Utah Grizzlies came to Whittier the day before the event to help build excitement. Here he is with Taylor's Kindergarten class...
5th Graders giving High-5's to Grizzbee!
Below: Grizzbee with our Principal, Margery Parker
Taylor & I watching the 2nd graders give High-5's on their way back to class...
I guess Grizzbee got hungry & decided to try to snack on Taylor's head!
The 2012-2013 PTA Board!
Doing some drilss with the JROTC
Kindergarteners stretching before learning how to do the Cupid Shuffle with Central City Recreation.
Even the teachers were having fun!
Doing the "Cupid Shuffle."
It was so much fun & a very successful fundraiser.
Looking forward to next year, as I will be PTA President!






1 comments:
That is awesome! That is really neat you were able to raise that much money! And PTA President next year!!! You will be amazing.
Post a Comment