While passing through Park City, we discovered serveral hot air balloons launching. That's on my bucket list for sure! I'd love to go up in one!
This is fog over Deer Creek Reservoir. We took the scenic route to the pond, but had a great view of the Heber Valley!
There is a children's fishing pond in Wasatch Mountain State Park, near Midway, UT. We figured we'd give it a shot, as they'd recently stocked it. We had registered Kaulin in a fishing club- they went to a different community fishing pond each week.... never catching anything!
Unfortunately, there were several classes on a field trip while we were trying to relax & fish. They were the rudest kids I have ever seen.... and of course, no chaperones could be found. We were right on the bank & had kids going under our poles - instead of simply walking around us. It was so noisy, and after an hour of chaos- I couldn't take any more! Told the boys to pack it up, we'd come back another day, when we could be sure there wasn't going to be a field trip!
Kaulin was disappointed. Not really that we had to leave, he knew we weren't going to stay too long. Taylor got sick around Parley's Summit... threw up all over, luckily I had a change of clothes in the car. I thought he had just got car sick, but that didn't turn out to be the case.
As Kaulin was reeling in his line, it got tight. He thought his line was caught on some moss- as had been happening all morning. NOPE! He'd hooked a fish! I literally had to tell kids to back up & give us some space. I was elbowing them trying to get the hook out of the fish's mouth. (Seriously, where were all the chaperones??)
Kaulin was so excited over finally catching a fish! He actually started crying. Poor guy! Over 3 months fishing once or twice a week. Starting in July when we were at Jordanelle with Grandma Gayle, Mike, Jeff & Brooke. He watched Mike, Jeff & even Taylor catch a fish! Now it was finally his turn. We released the fish, packed up our gear, headed home. He wanted to call every one we knew. Andy was still in Texas, so we tried calling him - ended up sending him a text as he was in class. Grandma Gayle was going on her lunch - so we were able to get hold of her so Kaulin could tell someone his story! Each time, he'd start tearing up again.
I had signed him up for another session of the Fishing Club in October, luckily he caught another fish up in Farmington - and no tears that time!
(I just realized how far behind I am at this whole blogging business! I have a lot of catching up to do)


0 comments:
Post a Comment